Matt Poling has more than 15 years of experience in forensic consulting, structural design, and structural inspections. He began his career in Miami, where he worked on a variety of projects from taxi stands to hospitals, and he contributed to the design and inspection of the Miami Marlins Ballpark. Matt’s expertise in concrete and high-rise construction includes both new design and assessments of concrete cracking, post-tensioning failures, and misplaced reinforcement. In addition, he is skilled in shoring design, structural repairs, retrofits, and renovations. He has performed evaluations of distress to structures and their enclosures due to high winds, hail, and fire, as well as the cause, origin, and duration of interior water distress. In his free time, he spends time with his wife and three sons and enjoys golfing and writing science fiction.
AL, AR, FL, GA (SE), HI (SE), IL (SE), LA, MS, MO, TX
FSEA, Post-tensioning Institute
- Hurricane damage evaluation and repair (Ian, Nicole).
- Fire damage evaluation and repair (various locations).
- High wind and/or hail distress assessment (various locations).
- Cause, origin, and duration of interior water distress (various locations).
- Post-tensioned slab cracking assessment and repairs (Chicago, IL).
- Concrete column cracking assessment and repairs (Chicago, IL).
- Loading feasibility study: analyzed existing framing for both wood and concrete floors and provided oversight of member testing as required (Chicago, IL and Honolulu, HI).
- Reshoring designer: provided reshoring designs for multistory concrete buildings.
- Structural Design Engineer (renovation): served as project manager for church renovation, including addition of new headers in load-bearing walls and integration with new structures (Glen Ellyn, IL).
- Structural Design Engineer (new construction): served as project manager for churches, higher education, commercial buildings, army reserve facilities, and high rises in multiple states and countries.