Joel Aldrich has over seven years of experience in forensic consulting, engineering design, and construction. Before pivoting his career towards forensic consulting, Joel performed large-scale civil and structural designs for some of the nation’s largest utility companies and cellular service providers. Joel’s areas of expertise include residential and commercial construction and assessments, utility design and construction, structural steel design, concrete applications, among others.
AL, AR, FL, GA, LA, MS, NC, SC, TN, TX
ACI, AISC, ASCE, NCEES, IIBEC
• Assessment of 35 condominium structures for wind and water damage from multiple Hurricane events (Ian and Nicole).
• Assessments of multiple large properties consisting of townhome and/or apartment complexes for wind, hail, and water damage.
• Mold and water intrusion assessment of a 159-room hotel structure in Mobile, Alabama.
• Water intrusion assessment and moisture mapping of four large industrial structures in LaGrange, Georgia.
• Provided repair recommendations and/or shoring designs for multiple damaged structures.
• Wind damage assessment for structures at a private country club and golf course in Hattiesburg, Mississippi.
• Various hail, windstorm, and tornado damage evaluations to roof coverings such as: asphalt shingle, metal, modified bitumen, thermoplastic, and concrete tile.
• Various fire damage evaluations.
• Various vehicular impact evaluations.
• Hurricane damage evaluations and repairs for dozens of residential, commercial, industrial, auxiliary and other types of structures (Zeta, Ida, Ian, Nicole).
• Designed, analyzed, rebuilt, and relocated hundreds of miles of transmission line and structures in Mississippi, Alabama, and Georgia.
• Designed and analyzed over a hundred cellular broadcasting mounts and structures such as towers, ballasts, water tanks, building roofs, and more.
• Framing, remodeling, and renovation of residential structures.