Andrew Huddleston is a Civil Engineer based in Silverhill, AL, with a strong background in forensic engineering across multiple states. Over the years, in roles ranging from Forensic Structural Engineer to Program Engineer, Andrew has consistently shown the ability to investigate structural failures, provide repair recommendations, and manage large infrastructure projects. He is skilled in contract administration, engineering computations, and project management, and is familiar with tools like AutoCAD and other essential engineering skills such as technical writing and construction estimating. With engineering licenses in multiple states, Andrew is well-prepared to contribute further to the field of forensic engineering. He is known for his diligence and commitment to continuous learning and teamwork.
AL, FL, GA, IL, IN, IA, LA, MI, MN, MS, NC, OH, SC, TN, TX, WI
National Council of Examiners for Engineers and Surveying (NCEES)
- Hurricane Sally – Pensacola, FL – Residence #1: Conducted a detailed assessment of storm damage and related moisture intrusions, establishing the cause and origin of damage within the building envelope.
- Tree Impact Damage – Milton, FL – Residence #2: Using non-destructive methods, examined structural damage from tree impact and proposed repair strategies.
- Hurricane Ida – New Orleans, LA – Residence #3: Employed forensic analysis to evaluate damage from wind and flooding.
- Construction Defect – Santa Rosa Beach, FL – Residence #4: Investigated construction defects, identified the main causes of water intrusions, and suggested appropriate corrective measures.
- Hurricane Ian – Pot Charlotte, FL – Residence #5: Conducted a comprehensive evaluation of wind-induced roof damage and interior moisture damage.
- Consulting – Pensacola, FL – Courtyard by Marriott: Assisted in offering technical guidance for the precise installation of waterproofing materials.
- Hurricane Michael – Panama City Beach, FL – Bay Point Condominiums: Documented the extent of repairs needed due to hurricane-related damage, ensuring adherence to safety, and building regulations.
- Inadequate Repairs – Pensacola, FL, Brent Building: Led comprehensive assessments of a historic structure’s repair work and scrutinized the repair methodologies in alignment with industry best practices and relevant building codes. Generated comprehensive reports for legal purposes, providing a record of the substandard repairs and their deviation from established industry standards.
- SR 189 (FDOT District Three): As the contract support specialist, oversaw progress evaluations, final estimates, and managed monthly payments and plan modifications.
- Emergency Contract for Wildlife Fence Repair on SR 8 (FDOT District Three): Served as associate contract support specialist, ensuring EEO compliance and adherence to QA/QC standards.
- SR 8 (I-10) Design Build Truck Parking System (FDOT District Three): Contributed to the project by maintaining QA/QC protocols, logging construction activities, and processing monthly progress estimates.
- Local Area Sidewalk Project (FDOT District Three): As the associate contract support specialist, supervised field representatives and managed contract adjustments.