Kevin Lahey, CR
Senior Building Consultant
Kevin Lahey is a Executive Building Consultant more than 23 years in the insurance restoration industry and previously an additional 12 years of hands on field experience as a Journeyman Carpenter, Foreman and Superintendent, Kevin’s experience offers a thorough understanding of construction components and various methods. Having literally built many custom homes, commercial buildings and agricultural buildings from the ground up, his experience has kept him in demand. In 1989, Kevin began estimating full time and obtained his CA Contractors license in 1991 when he successfully operated his own construction and restoration company. Since then, he has served as Branch Manager, General Manager, Regional Area Manager, VP of Construction and COO with several of the most respected companies in the insurance restoration industry. His extensive experience involved regular consultation and direct management of water and fire damage mitigation, mold remediation, contents pack out and processing, electronics cleaning & testing, vital document recovery and processing as well full reconstruction of a wide array of building types. These have included the very controlled specifications on buildings listed on the National Registry of Historic Places and LEED buildings. Kevin has estimated and managed countless projects involving libraries, commercial high-rise buildings, industrial facilities, major shopping malls, medical facilities, assisted living facilities as well as many school and college campuses.
Kevin’s professional services include initial damage assessment, scope preparation, inventory contents review, invoice assurance, construction management, and vital document recovery.
2010 Roseville Shopping Mall Fire
Kevin successfully consulted and managed a restorative and emergency repair efforts after a 1.3 million sq. ft. exclusive shopping mall fire in Roseville CA. During this major undertaking Kevin worked extensively with the insurance carriers, local Mayor’s office, ATF and local police agencies in order to reduce that crime scene areas so that recovery efforts could begin. Project highlights include:
- Building layout encompassed 1.3 million sq. ft. with over 100 tenant spaces with a loss value of $60MM.
- Kevin led all initial damage assessment excursions into the mall and assisted in setting costs reserves.
- Kevin coordinated and communicated with all building inspectors, Cal-OSHA, building engineers, and subcontractors and cleaning and construction trades involved.
- Pre-negotiated labor force ratios, equipment caps, subcontractor mark-up and O&P to realize value driven prices goals. Initial reduction in restorative expense was $1.3MM and additional reduction in cost was negotiated which saved $1.1MM.
State University CampusesKevin regularly coordinated all large loss mitigation and reconstruction efforts involving State University campuses and University union properties after major flood, hail, water damages, fire damages and mold conditions. Kevin works well with and understands the needs of CIH professionals and protocols issued.
National Telephone CarrierKevin successfully restored computer servers, network computers, phone systems an office equipment after a major fire at a national telephone carrier call center in Sacramento, CA saving all major components in the process.
Multiple Large Loss Projects at Assisted Living FacilitiesKevin has managed multiple large loss projects at assisted living facilities. These facilities present unique project considerations when work needs to be carried out around the elderly and dementia patients.
- 2013 to Present – RMC Executive Building Consultant
- 2012 to 2013 – Independent Adjuster – Dineley Claim Services, Hurricane Sandy NJ
- 2006 to 2012 – Regional Area Manager – BELFOR USA, Sacramento, Fresno, Bakersfield, San Fernando CA
- 2004 to 2006 – Chief Operations Officer – Four Star Cleaning & Restoration, Hayward, CA
- 2003 to 2004 – Independent Adjuster – Wardlaw Claims (Farmers Mold Team) No. & So. CA
- 1999 to 2003 – Olympic Restoration – Branch Manager, VP of Construction, San Francisco CA
- 1994 to 1999 – Sun Restoration – Branch Manager, Vice-President, San Jose, CA
- Former Journeyman Carpenter, Local 217
- Construction Estimating & Project Management Certificate
- Licensed California General Contractor, #619094 (Inactive)
- IICRC Professional #116342
- RIA (ASCR) Certified Restorer #490
- EPA-RRP Lead Renovations
- OSHA 30 Hour Card Holder
- Aerial Lift Operator Certified
- Scaffolding Safety Certification
- Asbestos Awareness Training
- Blood Bourne Pathogens Certification
- Respirator Fit Certified by 3M Corp.
- 1980-1981 – Modesto Junior College, General Education
- 1987 – Careers in Construction – Construction Estimating