Darren Bautista, RRO
Senior Building Consultant
Darren Bautista is a Senior Building Consultant with more than 27 years experience in the construction industry. Specializing in roofing maintenance, his work ensures a full life-cycle of the building envelope assembly. Darren performs quality assurance observations to identify installation deficiencies, design deficiencies, and other unforeseen conditions. He has developed a core skill in tracking and pinpointing water-intrusion complications; providing the highest industry standard recommendations in achieving a watertight environment. Darren prepares designs and specifications for low-slope and steep slope roofing systems, waterproofing systems, roofing estimates, roof condition assessment reports, and roof asset management (RAM) plans. He has completed projects for and established relations with facility managers, building owners, and project managers in the government, commercial and residential building sectors.
Business Park – Lakewood, COConsulted on 23 commercial buildings for hail damage. Provided assessments, assist estimates, and a Request For Proposal (RFP) on the building envelope, exterior fencing, and HVAC systems. Acted as the Owners Representative for bi-weekly QA visits with reports, assist pay apps, and design recommendations.
School District – Colorado Springs, COConsulted on several schools and admin buildings for hail damage. Provided assessments and assist estimates on the building envelope, HVAC systems, playgrounds, sports fields, etc.
Commercial Retail District – Colorado Springs, COConsulted on several large retail building complexes (mini-malls) for hail damage. Provided assessments and assist estimates on the building envelope, signage, and HVAC systems. Acted as the Owners Representative for final QA visits and reporting.
Industrial Complexes – San Antonio, TXConsulted on several large industrial building complexes for hail damage. Provided assessments and assist estimates on the building envelope and HVAC systems.
The United States Air Force Academy – Colorado Springs, COEngineer Technician for roofing and waterproofing on the USAFA. Responsible for over 450 buildings and 3.5 million square feet of roofing. Provided biannual roof condition assessments for all buildings, designs, and specifications for low-slope and steep slope roofing systems, waterproofing systems, roofing estimates, and implemented roof asset management (RAM) plan.
- 2018 to Present – RMC Senior Building Consultant
- 2015 to 2018 – Specialist at Pie Consulting & Engineering
- 2014 to 2015 – Engineer Technician/Construction Inspector/Facility Manager - Aleut Facilities Support Services
- 2010 to 2014 – Engineer Technician/Construction Inspector/Facility Manager - CH2MHill Academy Services
- 2010 to 2010 – HVAC Technician - U.S. Engineering
- 2008 to 2009 – HVAC Technician - API, Inc.
- 2004 to 2008 – Journeyman Roof Technician - CS Roofing
- 2000 to 2004 – Foreman - Owen Pacific Roofing
- 1991 to 2000 – Co-Owner - GB Roofing
- Registered Roof Observer (RRO) No. 1939 - Roof Consultants Institute
- Journeyman Roofer in California and Colorado
- Sheet Metal Journeyman in Colorado
- Marine Technology/Offshore Underwater Construction - Santa Barbara Marine Tech Program
- 2000-2004 – Santa Barbara City College - Marine Technology Program