Brett Busboom, PE
Senior Building Consultant
Brett is a Senior Building Consultant with over 12 years’ experience in the construction and consulting industry. Brett has a diverse background with growing up working in construction, working as an engineering consultant and now as a building consultant in the restoration industry.
Brett’s experience with construction started at an early age with building custom homes, agricultural buildings, commercial buildings and roofing. His knowledge extended in engineering consulting with obtaining a civil engineering degree and completed engineering design for a diverse range of construction projects amongst the following: commercial developments, utility projects, military bases, airports, roadways, bridges, oil refineries, and other various civil projects. Brett learned invaluable experience in communication and management when he worked as a program manager for the construction of large capital improvement projects for the major utility companies across California. His tasks consisted of project estimating, preparation and administration of scope of work, managing inspection staff, cost tracking, conflict resolution, and change order negotiation.
Brett has taken his knowledge of construction and his experience with consulting into the restoration industry by joining RMC Group in 2017. Brett’s strengths and experience have helped him consult on many diverse and large projects as a senior building consultant.
Woolsey Fire - Malibu, CAComplete inspections and estimates on approximately ten commercial and high net worth residential properties
Hurricane Florence – North Carolina
- Primary consultant and estimator of a 280-unit apartment complex, loss approached $12.5 million
- Completed inspections and scope of repairs for over twenty 40,000+ square feet nursing and rehabilitation facilities
Hurricane Maria – Puerto Rico/St. ThomasCompleted inspection of approximately twenty claims across Puerto Rico and St. Thomas consisting of dental and medical facilities, hotels, supermarkets, city municipality
Idaho Falls Hail Event – Idaho Falls, IDManaged the inspections of approximately one-hundred commercial and multi-family buildings in a CAT hail event
Wastewater Treatment Facility - TexasPrimary consultant - completed an estimate and report on the scope of repairs of a wastewater treatment facility approaching $22 million in repairs
- 2017 to Present – RMC Group – Senior Building Consultant
- 2007 to 2017 – Burns & McDonnell - Civil Engineering Consultant
- Professional Engineer (PE) - State of California and Missouri
- OSHA 10 Hour Card Holder
- 2002-2007 Bachelors in Civil Engineering, University of Nebraska - Lincoln
- 2015-2017 Masters in Business Administration, Pepperdine University, Graziadio School of Business and Management